Coal Project

Home>Topics>Coal Project
Refine Results
  1. All
  2. Online Articles
  3. Magazine Articles
  1. Coal News: Dominion says it is near finish of waste coal project

      WISE COUNTY, Va. (AP) — Dominion Resources says it's close to finishing a major clean-up project in Southwest Virginia where it converts long-abandoned coal waste into energy . The Richmond-based energy provider says the Virginia City Hybrid Energy Center in Wise County has used about 500,000 tons of waste coal from an old mine near the Clinch River. The plant, which uses waste coal from old mining operations as fuel for the power station, uses waste coal, also called "gob." It is mostly rock and lower-quality coal. Dominion says the removal of gob will significantly improve water quality in the Clinch River.

    Online Articles

    Online Articles

    Wed, 31 Aug 2016

  2. Coal News: Opponents of proposed coal project demand investigation

    Several environmental groups are calling for a federal investigation into Utah's plans to invest $53 million in a proposed expansion of a California port to export coal to Asia.

    Online Articles

    Online Articles

    Mon, 27 Jun 2016

  3. Coal News: Adani to start construction of Australian mine next year

    India's Adani Enterprises Ltd. planned to begin construction work on Australia's biggest coal mine in the middle of next year, an executive said Tuesday.

    Online Articles

    Online Articles

    Wed, 7 Dec 2016

  4. Ameren power line works around FutureGen clean coal project

    A workaround for the CO 2 disposal field for the planned FutureGen 2.0 coal project in Illinois is one of the features of a new Ameren Corp. power line project approved Aug. 20 by the Illinois Commerce Commission.

    Online Articles

    Online Articles

    Fri, 23 Aug 2013

  1. Hunnu acquires major interest on Buyan Coal project in Mongolia

    Online Articles

    Online Articles

    Tue, 8 Jun 2010

  2. American Power updates development of massive Pace Coal Project in Montana

    American Power offers further insight into its Pace Coal Project development in Judith Basin County, Montana – the holding encompasses 29,000 acres and an estimated 410 million tons of high volatility bituminous coal potential.

    Online Articles

    Online Articles

    Tue, 7 Sep 2010

  3. American Power provides another promising update for substantial Pace Coal Project

    American Power is pleased to provide an update on its high potential Pace Coal Project located in Judith Basin County, Montana. The prospecting permit process to begin drilling operations continues. American Power's planned drilling program consists of 61 drilling locations and would involve a ...

    Online Articles

    Online Articles

    Tue, 7 Dec 2010

  4. CCTI wins final approval for Inner Mongolia clean coal project

    Clean Coal Technologies, Inc. announced the formal approval of the Inner Mongolia clean coal project - a cooperative joint venture to build an initial plant with an annual capacity of 1.5 million metric tons to supply clean coal for a newly constructed power station in the same industrial park

    Online Articles

    Online Articles

    Tue, 26 Oct 2010

  5. Indonesian coal Project sees new joint venture

    BHP Billiton announced it has entered into binding agreements to create a new joint venture for its Indonesian Coal Project with a subsidiary of PT Adaro Energy TBK, which has agreed to acquire a 25 per cent interest in the ICP joint venture. BHP Billiton holds the remaining 75 per cent.

    Online Articles

    Online Articles

    Wed, 31 Mar 2010

  6. Ameren pulls out of clean coal project

    Ameren, the host for the FutureGen 2.0 clean coal project , said it cannot supply a 369 MW oil-fired power plant in Meredosia, Ill., that would be converted to demonstrate the carbon-capture technology on a commercial scale.

    Online Articles

    Online Articles

    Fri, 11 Nov 2011

  7. Ameren backs out of clean coal project

    Ameren Corp has set a fresh challenge for the FutureGen clean coal project by pulling out of the initiative, which has received $1bn in government funding.

    Online Articles

    Online Articles

    Wed, 30 Nov 2011

  8. India’s Tata Power looks to part-acquire South African coal project

    India’s Tata Power looks to part-acquire South African coal project

    Online Articles

    Online Articles

    Sun, 3 May 2015

Get More Results