Test equipment: AEMC introduces new voltage testers, Models C.A 771 and C.A 773, essential tools for electricians to ensure voltage is not present before working on any electrical equipment or installation connected to the electrical system.
Compliant with IEC 61243-3 Edition 2, the C.A 771 and C.A 773 VAT can be used to work on any 1000V CAT IV installation. They are rated IP65 and offer a Köppen-Geiger type-S extended climatic class for indoor and outdoor use, including weather in extreme conditions.
To meet the requirements of the standards in certain countries, these testers are available in two versions, equipped with IP2X test probes or without. The C.A 771 and C.A 773 have a redundant safety system in the event of power supply faults; the ELV LED flashes when the voltage exceeds 50VAC / 120VDC.
Safety is ensured when testing GFCI and Residual Current Device (RCD) tripping by means of a double control system. Both hands are necessary to press the two buttons simultaneously.
The integrated autotest checks the electrical circuits, power supply, displays and the condition of the measurement leads. Phase rotation measurement is simple and quick with the 2-wire microprocessor system.
Audible and visual continuity testing is provided in compliance with Appendix B of the IEC 61243- 3 standard. The tester can also detect stray voltages and offers unipolar phase identification.
• Full autotest
• Voltage detection; LED display: 12VAC ≤ U ≤
1000VAC; 12VDC ≤ U ≤ 1400VDC
• Frequency: DC, 16.67 to 800Hz
• Detection of stray voltages
• Unipolar phase detection (a single contact)
• Two-pole phase-sequence testing with 2-wire
• Continuity test with audible and visual indication
(R < 100Ω)
• Complies with EN 61243-3 Ed. 2009 & 2010 & IEC
61010 1000V CATIV
• Detection of live and de-energized AC or DC circuits
• Verify phase rotation
• Check continuity
• Verify operation of GFCI outlets and breakers