Test products: AEMC’s GroundFlex® Field Kit includes the GroundFlex® Adapter Model 6474 and Ground Resistance Tester Model 6472. This is the ONLY system on the market capable of testing ground resistance of individual power transmission tower legs, as well as total resistance without disconnecting the overhead ground wire – this alone is a huge time and money saver, not to mention a major safety improvement.
Key features include testing both ground resistance of tower legs (individually and total) and overhead ground wires. This system tests leakage current through the tower legs and tests at frequencies up to 5kHz to profile impedance, which is important to characterize for lightning strikes.
NOTE: The GroundFlex® Adapter Model 6474 can only be used with the Ground Tester Model 6472 Kit – 500 ft.
Contact one of our authorized distributors for direct purchase. See our Where to Order tab for your local distributor options.
• 4-Pole (4-Point) Fall-of-Potential measurement for very low resistance measurements with manual automatic frequency selection and automatic lead compensation
• 3-Point Fall-of-Potential measurement
• 3-Point earth coupling measurement
• Manual or automatic frequency scan from 40 to 513Hz for test accuracy in electrically noisy environments
• Earth coupling testing
• Selectable test voltage 16 or 32V up to 250mA test current
• 4-Point soil resistivity measurement with automatic calculation of Rho and user selection of Wenner or Schlumberger test method
• 2- and 4-Wire DC resistance measurement (Bond testing) with automatic polarity reversal
• Ground Resistance with 2 clamps (no auxiliary rods)
• Ground Resistance of Pylons with the GroundFlex® Adapter Model 6474 and GroundFlex® sensors allow the system to measure leakage current and ground resistance of tower legs without disconnecting the overhead ground conductor.
• Includes DataView® software for data storage, real-time display, analysis, report generation and system configuration
• Auto-off power management
• Automatic recognition of all electrode connections and their resistance value
• Stores up to 512 complete test results in internal memory
• Optically isolated USB communication
• Rechargeable NiMH batteries from wall charger or vehicle power