Construction equipment: TSE International’s BWPT 120-60 puller-tensioner is a multi-purpose machine that performs equally well as a puller or tensioner and is ideal for reconductoring applications or installation of new conductors. Having the self-loading, powered reel winder as an integral part of the machine allows reels of conductor or pulling rope to be loaded and unloaded without a crane on the location.
The ability to operate equally well as a puller or a tensioner means that this unit can pull out old conductor, wind it on a scrap reel, unload it and tension out the new conductor all with one machine. For contractors or utility companies performing a wide variety of jobs, these units are cited to be the most versatile machines in the industry.
Whether it's stringing new conductor, reconductoring existing circuits and groundwire or wrecking out old conductors these combination units are ideal. The 60-inch multi-groove bullwheels with replacable lining segments provide the power to pull in rope or tension out conductor. The side mounted V- groove bullwheel permits easy handling of conductor and splicing sleeves for pulling out old conductor or groundwire.
TSE's unique hydraulic system allows the operator to preset the maximum pulling tension and provides infinite linespeed and linepull control. The machine design incorporates a pivoting bullwheel ar- rangement which automatically aligns the bullwheel with the point on the reel from which the conductor is being payed off.
• Maximum continuous linepull -- 12,000 lbs. @ 3MPH
• Maximum Intermittent linepull -- 14,000 lbs.
• Linespeed -- 0-5 MPH Variable
• Engine -- 160 HP Diesel
• Bullwheel diameter -- 60 inches
• Bullwheel groove diameter -- 1.5 inches
• Maximum reel size -- 96" X 68"
• Fully hydrostatic drive system
• Infinitely variable speed and linepull control with overpull protection
• Spring applied, hydraulic released holding brakes
• Self-loading rear mounted reel winder
• Oscillating bullwheel for minimal fleet angle on conductor or rope
• Elevated centrally located console for optimum visibility
• Tandem axle trailer mounted with air brakes
• Hydraulic front and rear jacks
• Air conditioned operator's cab
• Non self-loading reelwinder