Utility vehicles: The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company has expanded its range of hardworking mixed-service tires with the addition of the new Goodyear Workhorse line. Like the Goodyear Armor Max Pro Grade MSD, which was announced last month, the Goodyear Workhorse line has been designed for a wide variety of mixed-service applications.
“Part of the Goodyear Total Solution for mixed-service fleets, the Goodyear Workhorse line includes both the Workhorse MSA and Workhorse MSD,” said Evan Perrow, marketing manager, Goodyear.
“Both tires offer strong on- and off-road performance for vocational trucks that have to get the job done in tough operating conditions.”
The Goodyear Workhorse MSA has been designed to help deliver superior over-the-road performance. It features:
• A high-mileage tread compound and enhanced tread volume to help offer many miles to removal
• A wide footprint to help enhance mileage, cornering and handling
• Penetration protectors to help resist stone drilling for retreadability
• A steel belt/casing package to offer toughness and outstanding performance
• A tread design that helps reduce road noise for a quiet ride
The Goodyear Workhorse MSA is available in three sizes: 11R22.5 (Load Range H); 11R24.5 (Load Range H); and 315/80R22.5 (Load Range L – 10,000-lb. capacity.)
The Goodyear Workhorse MSD has been designed for both on- and off-road applications. It features:
• Rugged casing construction for enhanced toughness and retreadability in heavy-duty, off-road applications
• Deep 31/32-inch tread with a rugged lug configuration to help deliver traction on difficult terrain
• An advanced tread compound to help resist cuts and chips for off-road performance
• A deep undertread to help promote cool-running performance while on the road
• A steel belt/casing package to help enhance retreadability
The Goodyear Workhorse MSD is available in two sizes: 11R22.5 and 11R24.5, both Load Range H.
“As the Workhorse name denotes, these new tires are tough, dependable and help mixed-service trucks tackle tough jobs,” said Perrow. “We believe they will help mixed-service fleets get the job done, while helping to lower their operating costs.”
About The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company:
Goodyear offers The Total Solution of trusted products, a nationwide network, reliable services and fleet management tools to help commercial trucking fleets lower their total cost of ownership.