Utility equipment: TerraGo, a pioneer of geospatial collaboration, field engineering and enterprise mobility software, announces the availability of TerraGo Edge 3.9.3, which features full support for OGC GeoPackage, a universal format for sharing maps and geographic data across mobile devices and all platforms. TerraGo Edge enables users to import and export OGC GeoPackage as a SQLite database optimized for performance on iOS and Android devices.
"Because we listened to our customers, we designed TerraGo Edge from "the ground up" to be an open solution for exchanging field engineering, GIS, GPS and asset management data across vendor platforms and devices,” said John Timar, Vice President, Worldwide Sales at TerraGo. “GeoPackage is an important win for customers because it’s a dramatic shift away from proprietary formats and technology. GeoPackage breaks through user dependence based on vendor data lock-in, enables platform-independent data exchange and refocuses customer value on software features and performance."
The latest TerraGo Edge 3.9.3 release closes the loop for a complete GeoPackage collaboration workflow by allowing Edge app users to import GeoPackage data from a mobile device, collect location-tagged field data and roundtrip the information back to the GIS or other enterprise systems of record.
Register now for this upcoming webinar on April 26, 2016 at 12:00 PM ET to learn about this workflow and other feature enhancements including:
Advanced GIS Integration
• Deliver GeoPackage data to any TerraGo Edge mobile app user
• Create offline map when GeoPackage is embedded in a GeoPDF
• Simultaneously import GeoPDF and GeoPackage data back to Edge server
Improved Mapping Experience with EdgeMap Optimizer
• Automatic detection of best resolution (DPI) for offline maps upon import by mobile user
• Manually select the optimal resolution upon import
Data Collection Enhancements with New Form Template Selection
• New search function in form fields to improve user productivity and data integrity
• and much more...