Electrician tools: Klein Tools expands its line of utility and pocket knives with tough new designs and features specifically for the electrician. The new offering includes five pocket knives all with 440A stainless steel blades, dual thumb studs for one- handed opening, and a pocket clip to keep knives readily available.
• Assisted Open Camo Knife (Cat. No. 44140) – Black finish blade with Tanto-style knife point for piercing and serrated edge for cutting through hard fibrous material. Spring assisted opening with blade lock. Handle has a Realtree Xtra® Camo design with rubber grip.
• Assisted Open Tactical Knife (Cat. No. 44141) – Black finish drop point blade. Spring assisted opening with blade lock. Black aluminum handle with rubber grip.
• Electrician’s Pocket Knife (Cat. No. 44201) – Satin finish drop point blade with three wire stripping notches on the backside. Liner lock secures blade in open position. Anodized aluminum handle resists corrosion.
• Folding Pocket Knife (Cat. No. 44144) – Satin finish drop point blade. Back lock secures blade in open position. Silver aluminum handle resists corrosion.
• Compact Pocket Knife (Cat. No. 44142) – Satin finish drop point blade. Back lock secures blade in open position. Black aluminum handle resists corrosion.
Also in the new line are a wide range of utility knives, including two new designs and three existing knives with improved features.
• Auto-Loading Folding Retractable Utility Knife (Cat. No. 44130) – Auto-loading blade feature for faster and safer blade changes. High-quality triple ground blades for long life. Internal blade storage for up to 3 blades.
• Camo Assisted Open Folding Utility Knife (Cat. No. 44135) – Spring assisted opening with dual thumb knob for right- or left-handed use. Realtree Xtra Camo handle design with rubber grips. Lock keeps blade in closed position.
• Folding Utility Knife (Cat. No. 44131) – Includes new wire stripping notch. High-quality triple ground blades. Push button to easily open and close. Bright orange handle with rubber grip.
• Klein Kurve® Retractable Utility Knife (Cat. No. 44133) – Includes new wire stripping notch. High- quality triple ground blades. Rubber grips on handle for comfort and control. Internal blade storage holds up to 6 blades.
• Self-Retracting Utility Knife (Cat. No. 44136) – Blade retracts fully into housing when cut is complete. Knife incorporates a wire stripping notch. Safety yellow handle. Blade removal/insertion without disassembly.
“A knife is one of the more versatile tools in an electrician’s tool belt or bag,” says senior product manager Laura Ranieri. “We designed these knives knowing they would have to be durable and multi-functional.”
Since 1857 Klein Tools, a family-owned and operated company, has been designing, developing and manufacturing premium-quality, professional-grade hand tools. The majority of Klein tools are manufactured in plants throughout the United States and are the number one choice among professional electricians and other tradespeople.
For more information about Klein Tools or other products, click here to go to Utility Products’ Buyers guide.