Utility tools: General Machine Products Company Inc. (GMP) introduces new items to its line of Lead Sheath Cable Installation and Maintenance Tools. These tools increase efficiency, reduce installation and maintenance time, maximize cable protection against moisture ingress, and improve mechanical strength in underground applications.
Key tools include:
• Compound kettle--This heavy-duty device consists of a double jacketed 5-quart kettle for melting compounds.
• Solder ladle--A thermal handle shield isolates heat inside the cup from your hand, and keeps your thumb from slipping.
• MAPP gas torch kit--For utility heat shrinking and soldering operations, nothing beats MAPP industrial fuel gas.
• Four panel windshield--For keeping wind away from lead sheath cable installation work materials, this shield features a welded steel grate and supporting brackets, providing broad support for large solder melting pots and kettles.
• Solder melting pot--Manufactured in 6-in. (48 fl. oz/20 lb. cap.) and 8-in. (72 fl. oz/30 lb. cap) diameter sizes from high-grade gray cast iron, these pots are designed to hold their heat.