Utility equipment: AT&T and Sonim Technologies are announcing that the Sonim XP5 phone is now available. AT&T is the first carrier to offer the device. This is Sonim’s first ultra-rugged feature phone that works with both 4G LTE and Wi-Fi networks. The XP5 is optimized for AT&T Enhanced Push-to-Talk so mobile workers can communicate quickly and be productive.
Businesses including construction, manufacturing, transportation and hospitality can use the Sonim XP5 to stay connected in demanding environments. Key features include:
· Dedicated Push-to-Talk button for quick connectivity between individual workers or groups.
· Dual, front-facing loud speakers that can produce 104 decibels of sound, helping users communicate in noisy areas.
· Battery powerful enough to last through back-to-back eight-hour shifts under heavy usage. It fully charges in less than four hours.
· Proven to resist damage from drops, water and pressure (certified Mil-Spec 810G and rated IP68 and IP69).
· Advanced accessories including charging stations and remote speaker microphones to support one-touch and hands free operations.
· Sonim’s 3-year warranty.
“Our goal is to keep men and women who face unpredictable work environments connected,” said Bob Plaschke, president and CEO, Sonim Technologies. “We listened to the needs of our customers. We built a tool that can be heard over the roar of a diesel engine or a production line stamping machine, and last through long shifts. The XP5 is a durable and reliable tool on a customers’ tool belt.”
“Quick and reliable communication is critical for field workers,” said Igor Glubochansky, executive director, AT&T Mobile & Business Solutions. “AT&T Enhanced Push-to-Talk on the Sonim XP5 helps keep them connected, whether they’re on a Wi-Fi network or the nation’s most reliable 4G LTE network. This lets them adapt to the needs of their environment and better serve customers.”