Utility testing: HD Electric's Handheld Voltage Detectors consist of the LV-5 Stray Voltage Detector and the VP-1 Voltage Probe. These handheld voltage detectors are used to detect voltages starting at 5 Vac. They give an indication of the presence of voltage with either a flashing light or flashing light and beeper.
LV-5 (on the left) features:
• Detects voltages from 5 Vac to 600 Vac;
• Detects stray voltage that may be present on electrically conductive surfaces;
• Ultra bright, long lasting red LED indicates when voltage is present;
• Rugged, utility grade design is waterproof;
• Always on, no on/off switch (batteries required); and
• Kit is available, includes:
- Holster to store the LV-5 when not in use; and
- Integrated tester stored in holster, tests the LV-5 for proper operation.
VP-1 (on the right) features:
• Detects voltages from 50 Vac to 600 Vac;
• Detects the presence of voltage on underground equipment test points or other energized equipment;
• Flashing red light and beeper indicates when voltage is present;
• Always on--no on/off switch (batteries required); and
• Kit is available, includes tester to test the VP-1 for proper operation.