Utility supplies: NetMotion Wireless, a mobile virtual private network (VPN) provider, announced the first intelligent mobile VPN to connect, manage and secure applications, containers and devices in corporate Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) environments across all major mobile and desktop platforms. The latest release of the award-winning NetMotion Mobility® solution removes technology silos, enabling IT departments to use a single, unified VPN to keep all corporate applications securely connected. Mobility 10.7 also improves performance and reduces data consumption across Apple, Android and Windows devices.
“Mobile workers in the same organization have fundamentally different security needs depending on their role and the devices and applications they are using. IT should not have to use multiple systems and services to meet the security and connectivity requirements of diverse and distributed workforces,” commented John Knopf, VP Product Management at NetMotion Wireless. “NetMotion Mobility gives IT departments a unified solution for connecting, securing and managing complex mixed mobile deployments, for any combination of BYOD or corporate owned device strategy. NetMotion Mobility is a critical component for any successful enterprise mobility management solution.”
NetMotion Mobility is the only intelligent VPN solution providing secure connectivity, visibility, diagnostics and control to effectively manage an entire enterprise mobile deployment. It enables secure resilient and highly optimized connectivity, even across coverage gaps or when switching networks. NetMotion Mobility prevents data from being lost, applications from crashing and users having to repeat logins. Mobility 10.7 offers expanded flexibility to manage per-application access in mixed mobile and desktop environments while simplifying and automating core security, support and IT administration functions.
New features include:
• Per-App VPN for all major enterprise and mobile platforms – Organizations can effectively manage access from Apple iPhones and iPads, Windows tablets and laptops, and Android tablets and phones, from a single solution on a per-application basis.
• Flexible authentication options for mixed deployments – Different users have different needs, workflows, devices and security authorization requirements. Administrators can configure one or two-factor authentication for teams and individuals with whatever method is most appropriate. IT can set access policies by department, seniority or device type.
• Expanded Active Directory integration – Microsoft Active Directory often plays a central role in authenticating users and managing access to networks, servers, file shares, and applications. Configuration settings and policies in NetMotion Mobility respond automatically to changes in Active Directory, simplifying onboarding, promotions and role changes.
• Automatically assign policies based on operating system – In an active mobile deployment, adding new devices and retiring old ones can be time consuming. With NetMotion Mobility administrators can now pre-configure and automatically assign authentication profiles, access policies, device settings and more, based on the operating system.
• Seamless hotspot authentication – NetMotion Mobility brings security features to Windows laptops and tablets that previously only existed for Apple and Android devices. It automatically detects when hotspots require logging on to a web portal for access, and facilitates logon without disabling the VPN, preventing ‘Evil Twin’ and related attacks.
• Streamline IT administration – NetMotion Mobility now offers a RESTful Server API to provide easy integration into corporate dashboards and management solutions. The latest release also simplifies over-the-air updates for Windows devices making them as easy to manage and keep up to date as iOS and Android devices.
About NetMotion Wireless
NetMotion Wireless is a leading provider of next generation mobile security and mobile network performance management solutions. The company’s products address the unique challenges created by mobile workforces by providing the security, visibility, diagnostics and control that IT departments demand, while minimizing the connectivity challenges faced in the field, so mobile workers can be more productive. Thousands of enterprises around the world are using NetMotion products to keep millions of mobile workers connected to applications. The company is headquartered in Seattle, Washington.