Utility supplies: Peterson Manufacturing has extended its USA-made LumenX® LED strobe lights line with a 4" Round Strobe light and a 6" Oval Strobe. Both models are rated for use as directional flashing warning devices on Class 1 and 2 emergency, maintenance and service vehicles.
Engineered around Peterson’s LumenX® architecture, the high-performance LED strobes feature the latest white-diode LEDs and breakthrough optics. The new lens design a Peterson exclusive illuminates the entire lens fully and evenly without hotspots or dead zones, regardless of viewing angle. Whether lensed in amber, white or red, the result is a strobe of piercing intensity that far exceeds the higher SAE J595 Class 1 requirements. According to Vice President-Product Management, Kristen Goodson, Peterson’s entire LumenX line is engineered to exceed recommended performance standards.
“We believe a brighter light is a safer light,” Goodson said, “and so do many states and municipalities now demanding Class 1 visibility for their vehicle warning lights. We’ve gone one step further for this market by designing our amber and white warning lights to be almost 75% brighter than the higher Class 1 requirement.”
LumenX LED Strobes feature:
· 73 quad flashes per minute
· Brightness exceeds SAE J595 Class 1 specs
· Exceeds specs when mounted in any 360º orientation
· 12- and 24-volt compatibility
· AMP-compatible weatherproof receptacle for best corrosion protection available
· Grommet- and flange-mounts available all models
Peterson Manufacturing Company is a world-leading innovator in the engineering and production of a complete line of vehicle safety lighting, custom wiring harnesses, and many other safety-related products. As an ISO 9001:2008 certified company, Peterson Manufacturing is a key subsidiary of Peterson Corporation, nine highly specialized companies and nearly 1,000 associates working in global transportation-related industries. With headquarters in the greater Kansas City area, Peterson Manufacturing is a privately held company and has been in operation since 1945.