Test equipment: T3 Innovation, a provider of advanced handheld test equipment for the cable/telecommunications, datacom/networking, electrical design and maintenance, and residential/CEDIA custom install markets, announce that the new Net Chaser™ Ethernet speed certifier is now shipping. A Net Chaser™ video is also now available to view at www.t3innovation.com.
“Made in the USA, the Net Chaser™ is a Ethernet Speed Certifier tester that performs wiremap test, measures cable length, performs a Bit Error Rate Test, Signal to Noise Ratio, and SKEW test to ensure that your cable will perform to its maximum speed rating up to 1 Gigabit per second.
The Net Chaser™ includes a comprehensive set of features for testing active network capabilities: measure Power over Ethernet (PoE) to ensure the correct power is available on the correct pins, use Port Discovery to ensure the correct speed and duplex capability are available; connect at gigabit Ethernet and run ping tests to verify connectivity to IP hosts; discover network devices using Cisco Discovery Protocol (CDP) or Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP); VLAN discovery; Traceroute function displays the path internet packets travel to reach a specified destination.
Net Chaser™ also has the ability to save all cable tests and active network testing. All saved test results can be save in either CSV or PDF file format.
Additional Net Chaser specifications and applications include:
• Measures and displays length for each pair in feet or meters
• Improperly terminated cables are clearly displayed on a color graphical wire-mapping display
• Detects Length to Opens & Shorts
• Verifies Continuity for RJ45, and Coax cables
• Saves test results and easily uploaded to a computer
• Tone Generation
• ID Only remotes (Network and Coax) - up to 20 available
• Testing and ID Remotes - up to 8 available
• Active Ethernet (Link Capability & Link Status)
• Detects PoE/PoE+ and load test for voltage drop
• IPV4 & IPV6 Support
• VLAN Discovery
• Ping to a specific IP or URL address
• Ping up to 10 addresses at a time
• Link Light
• Discovers CDP and LLDP Protocols
• Rechargeable Lithium Ion Battery Pack; 8 hours of battery power in the field
• Made in the USA
About T3 Innovation
T3 Innovation is dedicated to bringing the latest and most effective technology to the world of handheld test equipment. T3 Innovation is committed to high quality U.S. manufacturing that will help us address market needs around the world.