Mobile computer: Panasonic, a provider of mobile computers since 1996, has announced the U.S. launch of its Toughpad FZ-M1 rugged 7-inch tablet PC powered by the Intel® Celeron® Processor. As a more affordable model of the standard Toughpad FZ-M1 announced earlier this year, the tablet is built to serve as a platform for cloud-based applications, delivery routing, email connectivity and other everyday tasks in the field. With its thin, lightweight, rugged and fanless design; Windows 8.1 with Bing operating system and enterprise-grade security features such as Trusted Platform Module (TPM), the new Toughpad FZ-M1 is ideal for highly mobile professionals in field services and sales, retail, transportation and logistics, and government.
“Mobile computers are being utilized in the enterprise in new ways each day and workers’ computing needs are continuously evolving, especially as more of them move to the cloud,” said Dan Diliberti, Senior Product Management - Tablets and Handhelds, Panasonic System Communications Company of North America. “This new configuration of one of our most popular recent models addresses the evolving market to deliver ROI in a new way. Its affordability also puts rugged, enterprise-class computing within reach of a new category of customer, especially those who may be looking to replace aging PDA-type devices or even pen-and-paper-based processes.”
The new tablet offers many of the same features as the class-leading, high-performance 4th generation Intel® Core i5 Processor powered Toughpad FZ-M1 unveiled at International CES 2014. This includes a sunlight-readable, glove-enabled touchscreen; full-shift battery life with a built-in bridge battery enabling users to switch out batteries without powering down the device; and a broad range of configuration options to allow organizations to customize the ideal tool for their workforces. Like Panasonic¹s entire range of enterprise-grade mobile computers, the Toughpad FZ-M1 is built for easy integration into existing IT infrastructures, longer life cycle management and for smooth deployments and ongoing support, providing a lower total cost of ownership.
Toughpad FZ-M1 Intel® Celeron® Processor model: Key Features
• Fully-Rugged Durability: Tested to meet MIL-STD-810G specifications for drops (up to 5 feet), shock, vibration, altitude, humidity and extreme temperatures. IP65 fully sealed fanless design
• Lightweight Portability: 1.2 lbs., 0.71² thin (standard configuration)
• Display: 7-inch sunlight-readable, anti-reflective WXGA (1280x800) LCD with extremely wide viewing angles and strengthened glass
• Input: High-sensitivity, 10-point capacitive multi-touch screen engineered to work even with thick gloves. Stylus pen available
• Processor: Intel® Celeron® N2807 Processor (1M Cache, up to 2.16 GHz)
• Operating System: Windows 8.1 with Bing 64-bit
• Storage & Memory: 64GB eMMC (128GB or 256GB SSD option available) with 4 GB RAM
• Battery: 8 hours per MobileMark® 2007 testing, 60 cd/m2 (user-replaceable), built-in bridge battery and optional high capacity battery (16 hours) available
• Camera: 5MP rear camera with auto focus and LED light; 720P built-in front camera with mic
• Connectivity & Configuration Options: Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC7260 Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth® v4.0 (Class 1), USB 3.0, micro SDXC card slot, docking connector, optional 4G LTE multi-carrier embedded wireless broadband, or dedicated GPS. Other options include Barcode reader, Ethernet, serial port, and choice of near field communications (NFC), half-insertable SmartCard reader, UHF radio-frequency identification (RFID) reader (up to 10 ft. range), or Magnetic Stripe reader
• Warranty: The Toughpad FZ-M1 is backed by the industry's most comprehensive 3-year warranty and U.S.-based customer support
The Toughpad FZ-M1 Intel® Celeron® Processor model utilizes the same set of enterprise-grade accessories available for the Toughpad FZ-M1 standard model, including straps, cases, cradles, printers, keyboards and multi-unit storage and charging solutions.
For more information about Panasonic or other products, click here to go to Utility Products’ Buyers Guide.