Spartanburg, SC and Lowell, MA – Test products: AFL enhances its NOYES® FCP2 Field Portable Cleaning Kits by adding inspection and loss testing capabilities including an inspection scope, power meter and light sources. The cleaning kits bundle several cleaning products into one convenient duffle bag style carry case to create a complete kit for field cleaning of connector end-faces.
“Technicians need a kit with a variety of cleaning tools that can be easily carried in the field,” explains Kevin Haddock, product manager for AFL’s Test and Inspection division. “AFL responded to customer requests and expanded the kit options so customers can now order the basic cleaning kit, cleaning kit refills, basic kit with MPO/MTP option, or inspection and loss test kit options.”
Contaminants such as dirt, dust and other particles from the environment can impede signals, cause costly network failures and increase downtime. AFL’s cleaning products effectively remove these contaminants and particles for consistent cleaning results every time saving users time and money. The kits now give users the ability to inspect and verify their work by adding the OFS 300-200 Inspection Scope, CSM1-2 Contractor Series Power Meter, CSS1-MM Contractor Series Multimode Light Source and CSS1-SM Single-mode Light Source options.
The FCP2 Basic Cleaning Kits are ideal for field use and include:
• FCC2 Fiber Connector Cleanernonflammable, environmentally-safe, residue-free solvent specifically engineered to clean the end-face of connectors.
• One-Click Cleanerssimple push-action cleaning tool for effectively cleaning connectors on jumpers and in adapters.
• FiberWipesremoves and traps common contaminants found in fiber optic installations and can be used dry or with AFL¹s FCC2 solvent for wet cleaning.
• Cletop Cassette Cleanera rugged palm-size cleaner with anti-static properties that minimizes reattachment of dust to ferrule after cleaning.
• Carry caseconvenient duffle bag style with room to add supplementary cleaning supplies, inspection scopes or test equipment.
• MPO/MTP Optionbasic cleaning kit plus MPO/MTP cleaner.
• Inspection Optionbasic cleaning kit plus OFS300-200 scope.
• Inspection and Loss Test Kit Optionbasic cleaning kit plus OFS 300-200 scope, CSM1-2 power meter, CSS1-MM light source and the CSS1-SM light source.