|Source: Dreifa Energy Limited
Dreifa Energy Limited (“Dreifa Energy” or the “Company”) has entered into an agreement to acquire the platform supply vessel Blue Betria from Blue Star Line A/S. The Blue Betria was built in 1983, extensively upgraded in 2015 and is currently trading in the North Sea.
Dreifa Energy is developing mid-scale floating regasification terminals for LNG imports. The terminal concept consists of regasification equipment and related utilities on a suited floating structure (“FRU”), operating in combination with a standard LNG carrier providing floating storage. The large deck space and excellent condition make Blue Betria an ideal candidate for conversion to an FRU, consistent with Dreifa Energy’s strategy of providing prompt, flexible and cost efficient solutions for prospective LNG importers targeting initial throughput of up to 1.5mtpa.
Dreifa Energy aims to build, own and operate a fleet of FRUs. The Company experiences strong interest for its solution and continues to mature several LNG import projects around the world together with various partners. Dreifa Energy has since its incorporation in 2016 reached several key milestones towards a final investment decision for the first FRU conversion by the end of 2017:
- entered operational partnership agreement with Bernhard Schulte Shipmanagement
- conducted significant engineering utilizing internal and external resources
- carried out a regulatory review with the classification society
- verified technical, operational and commercial feasibility
- developed an outline conversion specification and commenced discussions with potential equipment suppliers and yards
- commenced basic engineering
- secured the first vessel for conversion