KrisEnergy begins 3D seismic recording in the Gulf of Thailand

Source: KrisEnergy

KrisEnergy Ltd., an independent upstream oil & gas company, announces that the CGG Amadeus has commenced an 884 sq. km 3D seismic acquisition program in the G10/48 contract area in the Gulf of Thailand.

KrisEnergy Ltd., an independent upstream oil & gas company, announces that the CGG Amadeus has commenced an 884 sq. km 3D seismic acquisition program in the G10/48 contract area in the Gulf of Thailand. The program, which was awarded to CGG Services, is estimated to last 41 days.

The seismic program will be carried out in two sub-areas of the G10/48 licence – northwest of Wassana and southwest of Wassana – approximately 3 to 38 km from the Wassana mobile offshore production unit. The Wassana oil field came into production in August 2015. Once complete, the seismic data will be integrated with existing data over most of the identified prospective areas of the G10/48 block. The block also contains the Niramai, Mayura and Rayrai oil accumulations.

G10/48 covers 1,783 sq. km over two discreet areas in the Gulf of Thailand over the southern margin of the Pattani Basin in water depths up to 60 metres. KrisEnergy holds a 89% working interest and operatorship of G10/48. Palang Sophon holds the remaining 11%.

Did You Like this Article? Get All the Energy Industry News Delivered to Your Inbox

Subscribe to an email newsletter today at no cost and receive the latest news and information.

 Subscribe Now

Whitepapers

Making DDoS Mitigation Part of Your Incident Response Plan: Critical Steps and Best Practices

Like a new virulent strain of flu, the impact of a distributed denial of service (DDoS) attack is...

The Multi-Tax Challenge of Managing Excise Tax and Sales Tax

To be able to accurately calculate multiple tax types, companies must be prepared to continually ...

Operational Analytics in the Power Industry

Cloud computing, smart grids, and other technologies are changing transmission and distribution. ...

Maximizing Operational Excellence

In a recent survey conducted by PennEnergy Research, 70% of surveyed energy industry professional...

Latest Energy Jobs

View more Job Listings >>

Archived Articles

PennEnergy Articles
2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013

OGJ Articles
2011 | 2012 | 2013

OGFJ Articles
2011 | 2012 | 2013

Power Engineering Articles
2011 | 2012 | 2013

Power Engineering Intl Articles
2011 | 2012 | 2013

Utility Products Articles
2011 | 2012 | 2013

HydroWorld Articles
2011 | 2012 | 2013

COSPP Articles
2011 | 2012 | 2013

ELP Articles
2011 | 2012 | 2013