Valard Construction announced that it has been selected by Statnett to construct the Fjotland-Ertsmyra-Lyse-Duge Transmission Line. The project is part of Statnett's larger Vestre korridor or West Corrisor Project.
Valard's scope of work includes the construction of over 100 kilometers (km) of new 420 kilovolt (kV) alternating current (AC) transmission line an the decommissioning of approximately 90 km of existing 300 kilovolt (kV) transmission line. Construction is expected to begin later this year and is expected to be complete at the end of 2021.
The project consists of over 100 km new 420 kV AC overhead transmission lines:
- Duge - Lyse 17 km
- Lyse - Tjorhom 25 km
- Tjorhom - Ertsmyra 27 km
- Ertsmyra - Fjotland 20 km
- Re-routing Lysebotn and Fjotland 12 km
- New line construction 2016-2019
Other project details include:
- Decommissioning of approximately 90 km of existing 300 KV transmission line
- High altitude construction areas
- Significant use of helicopters for construction and decommissioning
- Decommissioning 2019-2021
This contract has been awarded after being approved by Statnett's Board of Directors.