San Leon responds to takeover speculation

Source:San Leon Energy

The Board of San Leon confirms that it has received an approach from a possible offeror, that may or may not lead to an offer being made for San Leon.

San Leon Energy, an oil and gas company with offices in Dublin, London and Warsaw, was in the press over the weekend regarding speculations of a takeover.

On Monday, August 24, the company made the following public statment:

The Board of San Leon notes the takeover speculation regarding San Leon in yesterday’s press. The Board of San Leon confirms that it has received an approach from a possible offeror, that may or may not lead to an offer being made for San Leon.

This announcement does not constitute an announcement of a firm intention to make an offer under Rule 2.5 of the Takeover Rules.

There can be no certainty that an offer will be made or as to the terms on which any offer might be made.

A further announcement will be made, as appropriate, in due course.

San Leon Energy plc is dedicated to maximising value in oil and gas exploration and production. The company has a balanced portfolio of conventional and shale assets across Europe and North Africa.

Last week the company announced that the El Aaiun-4 well on the Tarfaya license, onshore Morocco, was spudded. Whe well is expected to take approximately 30 days to reach total depth of around 2000 metres below rotary table. The reservoir target is Tertiary channel sandstones, and the surface location is approximately 14 Km from a gas market.

San Leon is the operator of the Tarfaya license and holds a 75% net operated interest. ONHYM, the Moroccan National Bureau of Petroleum and Mines, holds the remaining 25% interest.

Did You Like this Article? Get All the Energy Industry News Delivered to Your Inbox

Subscribe to an email newsletter today at no cost and receive the latest news and information.

 Subscribe Now


Making DDoS Mitigation Part of Your Incident Response Plan: Critical Steps and Best Practices

Like a new virulent strain of flu, the impact of a distributed denial of service (DDoS) attack is...

The Multi-Tax Challenge of Managing Excise Tax and Sales Tax

To be able to accurately calculate multiple tax types, companies must be prepared to continually ...

Operational Analytics in the Power Industry

Cloud computing, smart grids, and other technologies are changing transmission and distribution. ...

Maximizing Operational Excellence

In a recent survey conducted by PennEnergy Research, 70% of surveyed energy industry professional...

Latest Energy Jobs

View more Job Listings >>

Archived Articles

PennEnergy Articles
2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013

OGJ Articles
2011 | 2012 | 2013

OGFJ Articles
2011 | 2012 | 2013

Power Engineering Articles
2011 | 2012 | 2013

Power Engineering Intl Articles
2011 | 2012 | 2013

Utility Products Articles
2011 | 2012 | 2013

HydroWorld Articles
2011 | 2012 | 2013

COSPP Articles
2011 | 2012 | 2013

ELP Articles
2011 | 2012 | 2013