Schneider Electric, a global specialist in energy management, has announced the launch of its HVL/cb Metal-Enclosed Vacuum Circuit Breaker Switchgear. The HVL/cb switchgear features the unique combination of the industry’s smallest footprint vacuum circuit breaker with an integrated load disconnect switch. The low-cost solution offers a space-efficient alternative to traditional metal-clad switchgear, maximizing desirable facility floor space, while reducing operational and maintenance costs.
Schneider Electric is dedicated to creating a safer work environment by engineering electrical distribution equipment which operates safely and effectively. The HVL/cb switchgear is engineered to incorporate an arc-resistant plenum that vents out the right or left of the switch gear. This industry leading technology provides a robust design without adding additional height space to the switchgear. Much like the popular Metalclad switchgear, the compartmentalized design boosts personnel and equipment safety by reducing unauthorized access to energized parts of the equipment.
The HVL/cb switchgear offers reliability through the limited number of moving components that must be maintained. The reduced amount of lubricants and materials that need to be maintained traditionally is not required with HVL/cb, making the switchgear virtually maintenance free. This reduces the operational expenditures of a facility and maximizes profit return for customers. Even with a compact footprint, HVL/cb does not compromise the quality or integrity of the design. The innovative design is modular with the option to add additional feeder sections at a later date.
Additional features and benefits of the Schneider Electric HVL/cb Switchgear include:
- Appropriate for a variety of industry applications with system voltage up to 15kV @ 25kA interrupting rating; and bus ratings up to 1200A.
- Standing at 90” high, 24” wide, 65” deep, the front access option provides for against-the-wall installation, thus eliminating the NEC-governed rear aisle requirement.
- The integrated plenum does not require any additional height space on top of the switchgear with the option to vent out right or left, which reduces installation cost.
- Optional “Type 2B” Arc Resistant design is available for customer selection.
- Meets ANSI C37.20.3 standard, as well as certified to Canadian Standard C22.2, No. 31
Schneider Electric’s HVL/cb Metal-Enclosed Switchgear is available to order as of May 2015. Click here to learn more about Schneider Electric’s HVL/cb Metal-Enclosed Switchgear.