Renewable Energy: EDF completes La Mitis Wind Project

EDF EN Canada Inc., a subsidiary of EDF Energies Nouvelles Group, marks the completion and start of operations of the La Mitis Wind Project in Canada

Renewable energy firm EDF EN Canada Inc. announced the completion and start of operations of a 24.6 MW wind power project in the unorganized territory Lac-à-la-Croix in the regional county municipality (MRC) of La Mitis in Quebec, according to a company release.

The firm, a subsidiary of EDF Energies Nouvelles Group, said the La Mitis Wind Project is composed of 12 wind turbines supplied by Senvion.
Renewable energy generated at the new wind farm will be delivered to Hydro-Quebec Distribution under a 20-year Power Purchase Agreement.

EDF EN Canada owns a 70 percent stake in the project with Energie renouvelable de la Mitis having the remaining 30 percent interest.

“Through the entire development and construction process, EDF EN Canada has worked hand-in-hand with the MRC. Our partnership is based on a deep level of mutual trust and respect that has only been strengthened through the process of building the Project,” said Al Kurzenhauser, Chief Operating Officer of EDF EN Canada. “We look forward to many years of continued collaboration and success.”

The La Mitis Wind Project is the third wind power project EDF EN Canada has partnered on with a MRC, the other two being the 24.6 MW Le Granit farm and the 300 MW Lac Alfred farm.  By the end of 2015, EDF EN Canada will have placed into service 1,374 MW of wind and solar projects in Canada.

Did You Like this Article? Get All the Energy Industry News Delivered to Your Inbox

Subscribe to an email newsletter today at no cost and receive the latest news and information.

 Subscribe Now

Whitepapers

Logistics Risk Management in the Transformer Industry

Transformers often are shipped thousands of miles, involving multiple handoffs,and more than a do...

Secrets of Barco UniSee Mount Revealed

Last year Barco introduced UniSee, a revolutionary large-scale visualization platform designed to...

The Time is Right for Optimum Reliability: Capital-Intensive Industries and Asset Performance Management

Imagine a plant that is no longer at risk of a random shutdown. Imagine not worrying about losing...

Going Digital: The New Normal in Oil & Gas

In this whitepaper you will learn how Keystone Engineering, ONGC, and Saipem are using software t...

Latest PennEnergy Jobs

PennEnergy Oil & Gas Jobs