Power management company Eaton today hosted its first ever Oil & Gas mobile technology day in Aberdeen, highlighting its unique approach to delivering weight and space savings for the oil and gas industry.
Eaton provided 18 customers with interactive seminars and technical demonstrations, all within a state-of-the-art Eaton branded technology truck, specially created for the oil and gas upstream segment.
Ian Duffy, Eaton’s Business Development Manager for the company’s Oil & Gas segment opened the event, stating, “The push for recovery in more difficult environments and the need to provide for increased safety, stability and comfort of personnel has driven the size and weight of offshore platforms to awe inspiring dimensions. Yet, weight and space reduction techniques are critical in more cost-effectively tapping into natural resources in challenging recovery environments. Key to this are solutions that take into account the complex interrelationships between weight, footprint and capacity through process, materials and equipment selection.
“Aberdeen remains key for Eaton and given the increased breadth and depth of Eaton’s Oil & Gas business following its acquisition of Cooper Industries, including its Crouse-Hinds business, we feel the time is right to update our customers on the benefits of our constantly evolving technologies.
“With the industry facing increased pressure on profitability, our ‘savings’ focus proved to be of particular relevance,” Duffy added.
With over 100 years of industry experience, Eaton partners with many of the world’s oil and gas leaders to help master the heavy power capabilities and safety systems integral to uninterrupted operations in the harshest environments and to the maximisation of refining operations.
Eaton is one of the few, if not the only global service provider that offers solutions crossing its electrical, hydraulics and filtration businesses. This combination of solutions is central to its offering in weight and space savings, amongst other solutions that cross upstream, midstream and downstream.
“In increasingly challenging environments, we believe engineering procurement consultants and oil companies can benefit from a single provider offering a greater depth of customised electrical, hydraulic and filtration solutions and working with experts who understand their business challenges,” said Molly Murphy, Eaton’s Senior Vice President – Sales and Marketing.
Eaton’s acquisition of Cooper Industries in 2012 – the largest acquisition in Eaton’s more than 100 year history – has further enabled the company to provide its Oil & Gas customers critical mass in key solution areas that span the entire electrical power chain.
The mobile technology day showcased Eaton’s combination of systems, components and services, with leading safety products from the Crouse-Hinds family of offerings and a number of industry-first products and solutions, including:
• Weight and space reduction solutions. From emergency back-up power systems offering space savings of up to 35 percent to LED lighting that can reduce weight by 20 percent, Eaton has the largest electrical, hydraulic and filtration offering in the industry.
• Preventing arc-flashes in switchgears. Eaton has pioneered technology development in this area. Its arc quenching devices can respond to fault currents within a few milliseconds.
• Failure proofing deepwater activity. Eaton has helped customers to meet aggressive oil production goals with its Synflex® High Crush Resistant (HCR) hose allowing subsea trees to go to extreme depths without issue.
• Eatonite™ anti-corrosion laser coating for greater uptime and reliability. This state-of-the-art protection for surfaces is the highest performance laser clad solution available. Eatonite™ is optimised for longer life and benefits from the lowest metallurgical dilution, iron pick-up, porosity and flaw content compared with standard anti-corrosion coatings.
• LifeSense® hose condition monitoring. This smart system monitors the health of hydraulic hose assemblies, detects events that have been shown to be symptomatic of the hose beginning to fail, and notifies the user prior to failure with enough time to replace the hose before it fails. LifeSense® enhances safety, reduces clean-up costs, environmental damage and increases service life by up to 50 percent.