Honeywell (NYSE:HON) today announced that Staatsolie Maatschappij Suriname N.V., Suriname's state-owned oil company, will deploy Honeywell's manufacturing execution system (MES) as part of a major expansion and efficiency project at the Tout Lui Faut crude oil refinery complex.
The project will more than double the refinery's capacity, greatly reducing the country's dependence on imported fuel products. The refinery will produce high-quality diesel, gasoline and fuel oil. Start-up is expected in October 2014 and will improve its reliability and mitigate safety risks, which can have a significant impact on its business results.
"With the Honeywell MES solution, our refinery expects to achieve significantly improved operational readiness," said Rudolf Elias, project director and acting director for Refining and Marketing at Staatsolie. "Honeywell's manufacturing and business applications provide the tools we need, allowing us to optimize workflows, capture knowledge, minimize risks, improve safety, and enhance the performance and agility of our entire operation."
The MES will help the refinery better manage its production, operations and process visualization with a portfolio of applications, which include:
- Uniformance® Process History Database (PHD) – collects, stores and replays historical and continuous plant process data to improve data security, efficiency and business performance;
- Operations Management Pro (OM Pro) – planning, execution and performance monitoring of off-site blending and movement operations;
- Asset Manager – real-time monitoring of facility assets;
- Field Advisor – operator observations are integrated into electronic maintenance and reliability systems for proactive maintenance;
- Production Balance – material or energy balance of an entire facility as well as individual processing units.
"Staatsolie needed manufacturing technologies that could easily integrate with its existing distributed control system to better manage operations and production," said Vimal Kapur, vice president and general manager of Honeywell Process Solutions' Advanced Solutions business. "The MES solution will allow refinery personnel focus on plant operations – not on collecting data or creating reports."
For further information about Honeywell industrial automation solutions, visit www.honeywellprocess.com/software.