RWE Dea awarded new offshore oil concession in Egypt

Source: RWE Dea
RWE Dea awarded new concession in Egypt

RWE Dea has been awarded a new offshore concession in Egypt, East Ras Budran Offshore. The block was offered in the International Bid Round 2011 of the Egyptian General Petroleum Corporation (EGPC).

The concession East Ras Budran Offshore was awarded to RWE Dea as operator with 80% share. It is situated adjacent to the company’s operated production license Ras Budran in the Gulf of Suez near the shore of the eastern Gulf of Suez coast.

“We are pleased to have been offered this new concession, as it provides a valuable addition to our balanced oil and gas license portfolio in Egypt,” says Maximilian Fellner, General Manager RWE Dea Egypt. “The block is located in a prolific oil prone area and provides an exciting add-on to RWE Dea’s operations in the Offshore Gulf of Suez,” Fellner explains. The East Ras Budran Offshore concession carries very good technical and commercial merits to explore for hydrocarbons.

The new concession increases the company’s number of operated licenses in Egypt from 5 to 6. The block covers an area of approximately 46 square kilometers. RWE Dea will operate the block with 80% working interest share, with Dove Energy holding the remaining 20%. The license award is subject to approval from the Egyptian Parliament.

RWE Dea Egypt and its predecessor organization have been operating successfully in Egypt since 1974 and, as operator, can look back on three decades of oil production in the Gulf of Suez. In recent years the company made a number of major gas discoveries in Egypt and boosted its activities considerably with the acquisition of additional concessions. RWE Dea has a total of 13 onshore and offshore concessions in Egypt, across a concession area of about 19,000 square kilometers.

Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon Sign up for our Email Newsletter
For Email Marketing you can trust

Weekly Newscast

 

Whitepapers

Substation Communications Design Legacy to IEC 61850 Best Practices

Two trends, the migration of the electrical grid to the “Smart Grid” and the adoption of Ethernet...

How to Mitigate Risk and Ensure Compliance: Govern Your Documents Accordingly

Too often, organizations hear “information governance” and think “records management” and “compli...

Using Information Intelligence for the Energy Sector

  In this IDC Energy Insights white paper, sponsored by EMC, the author provides an overview...

Enterprise Content Management in the Energy Industry: Increase Safety and Reliability, Reduce Costs and Damages

This Frost & Sullivan white paper looks at the need for enterprise content management to incr...

Latest Energy Jobs

View more Job Listings >>

Technical Digest

 

Archived Articles

PennEnergy Articles
2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013

OGJ Articles
2011 | 2012 | 2013

OGFJ Articles
2011 | 2012 | 2013

Power Engineering Articles
2011 | 2012 | 2013

Power Engineering Intl Articles
2011 | 2012 | 2013

Utility Products Articles
2011 | 2012 | 2013

HydroWorld Articles
2011 | 2012 | 2013

COSPP Articles
2011 | 2012 | 2013

ELP Articles
2011 | 2012 | 2013