At the end of each month, PennEnergy’s editorial staff will present its top ten picks for the best news content in the power and petroleum sectors.
Below is a showcase of the most engaging content in the power industry published in August. Each selection features a short summary and a link to the original article. Enjoy!
1) EPA's Cross State Air Pollution Rule overturned
2) World's first commercial demonstration algae-to-energy facility operational
3) Gas-fired generation helps drive 20-year low in U.S. emissions
4) India: Massive blackouts leaves over 600 million in the dark
5) World's first integrated wind-powered electric vehicle charging station installed in Barcelona
6) TVA found liable for coal ash spill from Kingston plant in 2008
7) Converting non-powered dams to create a varied hydroelectric mix
8) Reports: NRC freezes new reactors, license renewals
9) $3.7 billion reasons why GIS technology is the future
10) A world first: Coal-fired Plant Barry begins underground storage of CO2