Statoil gets go-ahead for year-long production drilling campaign at Gullfaks

Source: PSA Norway

According to the Petroleum Safety Authority Norway, Statoil (NYSE:STO) has received consent to use Odfjell’s Deepsea Atlantic ultra-deepwater semisubmersible rig for production drilling on Gullfaks in the northern Norwegian North Sea. 

The consent relates to drilling and completion of three wells, 34/10 F-3 AH, 34/10 F-1 H and 34/10 G-4, in Production License 050.

The expected start up is September 10, 2011 for production well 34/10 F-3 AH, and the duration of the activities has been estimated at 385 days. 

Developed in three stages in the 1980s, Gullfaks also serves as a production hub to satellite fields Gullfaks South, Rimfaks, Skinfaks and Gullveig. 

Statoil operates the Gullfaks oil and gas field with 70 percent interest. Petoro holds the remaining 30 percent working interest.



Did You Like this Article? Get All the Energy Industry News Delivered to Your Inbox

Subscribe to an email newsletter today at no cost and receive the latest news and information.

 Subscribe Now

Whitepapers

Logistics Risk Management in the Transformer Industry

Transformers often are shipped thousands of miles, involving multiple handoffs,and more than a do...

Secrets of Barco UniSee Mount Revealed

Last year Barco introduced UniSee, a revolutionary large-scale visualization platform designed to...

The Time is Right for Optimum Reliability: Capital-Intensive Industries and Asset Performance Management

Imagine a plant that is no longer at risk of a random shutdown. Imagine not worrying about losing...

Going Digital: The New Normal in Oil & Gas

In this whitepaper you will learn how Keystone Engineering, ONGC, and Saipem are using software t...

Latest PennEnergy Jobs

PennEnergy Oil & Gas Jobs