Lundin spuds Cempulut exploration well offshore East Malaysia

Source: Lundin Petroleum

Lundin Petroleum (TSX:LUP) has commenced the drilling of the Cempulut prospect located in Block SB303, offshore Sabah in East Malaysia

The main objective of the well is to test a large shallow late Miocene carbonate reef with a crestal seismic amplitude anomaly. 

The Offshore Courageous jackup is targeting a total depth of 1,031 meters in a drilling campaign expected to take 30 days. 

The Cempulut well is the second of five wells Lundin plans to drill offshore Malaysia in 2011. Earlier this week, Lundin reported a 150-meter natural gas discovery on Block SB303 with its Tarap-1 exploration well

Lundin Petroleum holds 75 percent interest in SB303. Petronas holds the remaining 25 percent interest



Did You Like this Article? Get All the Energy Industry News Delivered to Your Inbox

Subscribe to an email newsletter today at no cost and receive the latest news and information.

 Subscribe Now

Whitepapers

Logistics Risk Management in the Transformer Industry

Transformers often are shipped thousands of miles, involving multiple handoffs,and more than a do...

Secrets of Barco UniSee Mount Revealed

Last year Barco introduced UniSee, a revolutionary large-scale visualization platform designed to...

The Time is Right for Optimum Reliability: Capital-Intensive Industries and Asset Performance Management

Imagine a plant that is no longer at risk of a random shutdown. Imagine not worrying about losing...

Going Digital: The New Normal in Oil & Gas

In this whitepaper you will learn how Keystone Engineering, ONGC, and Saipem are using software t...

Latest PennEnergy Jobs

PennEnergy Oil & Gas Jobs