Eni discovers natural gas in the Kutei Basin offshore Indonesia

By Phaedra Friend Troy

Italian major Eni (NYSE:E) has made a natural gas discovery in the Jangkrik North East structure on the Muara Bakau Block of the Kutei Basin offshore Indonesia.

Located 15 kilometers east of the Jangkrik field, the Jangkrik North East discovery is situated about 70 kilometers from the Indonesian coast in waters measuring 460 meters deep.

Drilled to a total depth of 3,633 meters, the discovery well encountered 60 meters of net gas pay in excellent quality reservoir sands of Pliocene and Miocene age. A production test on the discovery well flowed at a constrained rate of 30.6 million cubic feet per day. 

Eni serves as the operator of the Muara Bakau PSC with 55 percent interest. GDF Suez holds the remaining 45 percent interest.

Eni is active in Indonesia with working interests in 13 blocks, including acreage in the Mahakam River Delta and East Kalimantan, including interest in the Sanga Sanga coal bed methane PSC. In the Kutei Basin, Eni is also participating in the development of gas reserves on the Ganal and Rapak blocks.

Sign up for PennEnergy's eNewsletters


For Email Newsletters you can trust

Did You Like this Article? Get All the Energy Industry News Delivered to Your Inbox

Subscribe to an email newsletter today at no cost and receive the latest news and information.

 Subscribe Now

Whitepapers

Logistics Risk Management in the Transformer Industry

Transformers often are shipped thousands of miles, involving multiple handoffs,and more than a do...

Secrets of Barco UniSee Mount Revealed

Last year Barco introduced UniSee, a revolutionary large-scale visualization platform designed to...

The Time is Right for Optimum Reliability: Capital-Intensive Industries and Asset Performance Management

Imagine a plant that is no longer at risk of a random shutdown. Imagine not worrying about losing...

Going Digital: The New Normal in Oil & Gas

In this whitepaper you will learn how Keystone Engineering, ONGC, and Saipem are using software t...

Latest PennEnergy Jobs

PennEnergy Oil & Gas Jobs