Golar LNG Partners prices initial public offering

Source: Golar LNG Partners

Golar LNG Limited announced that its wholly-owned subsidiary, Golar LNG Partners LP, a Marshall Islands limited partnership, has priced its initial public offering of 12,000,000 of the Partnership's common units at an initial public offering price of $22.50 per unit. The offering priced above the initial estimated price range with strong demand. The 12,000,000 common units are being sold by Golar and represent a 30.1% limited partnership interest in the Partnership. The offering will increase to 13,800,000 common units if the underwriters exercise in full their over-allotment option. The common units will trade on The Nasdaq Global Select Market under the symbol "GMLP". 

The Partnership will focus on providing floating storage regasification ("FSRU") and liquefied natural gas ("LNG") transportation services under long-term contracts. The Partnership's initial fleet will consist of two FSRU vessels and two LNG carriers.
Immediately following the closing of the offering, Golar will own the Partnership's general partner and an approximate 67.9% limited partner interest in the Partnership. Golar will also own 81% of the Partnership's incentive distribution rights, which will entitle it to increasing percentages of the cash the Partnership distributes in excess of certain target distribution amounts. Golar LNG Energy Limited will own the remaining 19% of the incentive distribution rights.
Golar intends to use the net proceeds of the offering to expand its fleet.



Did You Like this Article? Get All the Energy Industry News Delivered to Your Inbox

Subscribe to an email newsletter today at no cost and receive the latest news and information.

 Subscribe Now

Whitepapers

The Time is Right for Optimum Reliability: Capital-Intensive Industries and Asset Performance Management

Imagine a plant that is no longer at risk of a random shutdown. Imagine not worrying about losing...

Going Digital: The New Normal in Oil & Gas

In this whitepaper you will learn how Keystone Engineering, ONGC, and Saipem are using software t...

Maximizing Operational Excellence

In a recent survey conducted by PennEnergy Research, 70% of surveyed energy industry professional...

Leveraging the Power of Information in the Energy Industry

Information Governance is about more than compliance. It’s about using your information to drive ...

Latest PennEnergy Jobs

PennEnergy Oil & Gas Jobs