RWE Dea hits natural gas with Breagh appraisal in the UK North Sea

Source: RWE Dea

RWE Dea UK has successfully drilled the appraisal well 42/13a-6 in the Breagh Field located in the United Kingdom Southern North Sea. 

The Breagh well was drilled to a measured depth of 8624 feet after successfully coring the main reservoir sequence. Preliminary analyses of the open hole logs indicates 62 feet of net gas bearing sands. The well is currently being suspended for future use during the development of the Breagh field. Good formation permeability, comparable with the other tested wells in the Breagh field, has been confirmed using wireline multi-probe testing procedures on three gas pay intervals.

“The primary objective of this well was to confirm the structural elevation over the less well-appraised eastern segment of the field. The well is expected to be tied-back as a futures production well,” noted Rene Pawel, RWE Dea UK’s Managing Director. “Preliminary evaluation of the results from 42/13a-6 shows that we have confirmed our initial base case structural assumptions, with the bonus of having drilled the thickest gas bearing sequence to date in the Breagh Field."

The analysis of the acquired data will help to define further the development options for the field. ”Production start from Breagh is scheduled for 2012 und will contribute significantly to our production increase,” said Ralf to Baben, Chief Operating Officer of RWE Dea AG. 

RWE Dea UK is operator of the Breagh field with a 70% interest, the remaining 30% interest being held by Sterling Resources Limited.



Did You Like this Article? Get All the Energy Industry News Delivered to Your Inbox

Subscribe to an email newsletter today at no cost and receive the latest news and information.

 Subscribe Now

Whitepapers

Logistics Risk Management in the Transformer Industry

Transformers often are shipped thousands of miles, involving multiple handoffs,and more than a do...

Secrets of Barco UniSee Mount Revealed

Last year Barco introduced UniSee, a revolutionary large-scale visualization platform designed to...

The Time is Right for Optimum Reliability: Capital-Intensive Industries and Asset Performance Management

Imagine a plant that is no longer at risk of a random shutdown. Imagine not worrying about losing...

Going Digital: The New Normal in Oil & Gas

In this whitepaper you will learn how Keystone Engineering, ONGC, and Saipem are using software t...

Latest PennEnergy Jobs

PennEnergy Oil & Gas Jobs