Endeavour gets go-ahead to develop Rochelle field in the UK North Sea

Source: Endeavour International

Endeavour International Corporation (NYSE:END) (LSE:ENDV) reported that the United Kingdom Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC) has approved the Rochelle Field Development Plan (FDP) for Block 15/27 in the Central North Sea, now known as East Rochelle

This approval represents phase one of the development of the Greater Rochelle area. The current FDP calls for the subsea development to be linked by a 30 kilometer pipeline to production facilities on the Scott Platform. First production is planned for the second half of 2012. 

"This is a significant accomplishment in the Rochelle Field Development. We are very pleased that the DECC has shown their confidence in Endeavour's operating capability and approved our plan so we can move prudently toward first production at East Rochelle next year," said William L. Transier, chairman, chief executive officer and president. "With the added discovery announced in October 2010, we plan to integrate West Rochelle into this development plan, as phase two, with production estimated to begin in 2012." 

Endeavour is operator of East Rochelle and holds a 55.6 percent working interest in the development. Nexen Petroleum UK Limited holds the remaining 44.4 percent interest.



Did You Like this Article? Get All the Energy Industry News Delivered to Your Inbox

Subscribe to an email newsletter today at no cost and receive the latest news and information.

 Subscribe Now

Whitepapers

Logistics Risk Management in the Transformer Industry

Transformers often are shipped thousands of miles, involving multiple handoffs,and more than a do...

Secrets of Barco UniSee Mount Revealed

Last year Barco introduced UniSee, a revolutionary large-scale visualization platform designed to...

The Time is Right for Optimum Reliability: Capital-Intensive Industries and Asset Performance Management

Imagine a plant that is no longer at risk of a random shutdown. Imagine not worrying about losing...

Going Digital: The New Normal in Oil & Gas

In this whitepaper you will learn how Keystone Engineering, ONGC, and Saipem are using software t...

Latest PennEnergy Jobs

PennEnergy Oil & Gas Jobs