Nexen contracts Jacobs for maintenance at its Long Lake bitumen complex in Canada

Source: Jacobs Engineering, Nexen

Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. (NYSE:JEC) received a three year, performance based contract from Nexen Inc. (NYSE:NXY) for the provision of general maintenance services at the company's Long Lake bitumen production and upgrading facilities in Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada. 

In making this announcement, Jacobs Group Vice President Chip Mitchell stated, "The award of this contract increases our scope on existing maintenance work at Nexen's Long Lake complex, reinforcing our commitment to working with Nexen to deliver maintenance excellence at their facilities." 

Long Lake Oil Sands 

Located 40 km southeast of Fort McMurray in the Athabasca oil sands, Long Lake Phase 1 is the fourth integrated oil sands project in Canada and the first to combine Steam Assisted Gravity Drainage with an upgrader that uses proprietary OrCrude™ technology as well as gasification. This energy efficient process yields a Premium Synthetic CrudeTM oil while substantially decreasing the use of costly natural gas required in other oil sands applications. 

Nexen is the operator of Long Lake Phase 1 and subsequent phases with a 65% working interest, while OPTI Canada Inc. holds the remaining 35% interest.



Did You Like this Article? Get All the Energy Industry News Delivered to Your Inbox

Subscribe to an email newsletter today at no cost and receive the latest news and information.

 Subscribe Now

Whitepapers

Logistics Risk Management in the Transformer Industry

Transformers often are shipped thousands of miles, involving multiple handoffs,and more than a do...

Secrets of Barco UniSee Mount Revealed

Last year Barco introduced UniSee, a revolutionary large-scale visualization platform designed to...

The Time is Right for Optimum Reliability: Capital-Intensive Industries and Asset Performance Management

Imagine a plant that is no longer at risk of a random shutdown. Imagine not worrying about losing...

Going Digital: The New Normal in Oil & Gas

In this whitepaper you will learn how Keystone Engineering, ONGC, and Saipem are using software t...

Latest PennEnergy Jobs

PennEnergy Oil & Gas Jobs