Bowleven begins drilling Sapele-1 in the shallow waters offshore Cameroon

Source: Bowleven

Bowleven (LON:BLVN) commenced drilling operations on the Sapele-1 exploration well on block MLHP-5 offshore Cameroon

The Sapele-1 well is to be drilled to an estimated target depth of circa 4,450 meters and drilling is expected to take approximately 70 to 80 days (excluding testing). 

The targets of the Sapele-1 exploration well are a series of stacked reservoir objectives, from the proven Miocene fairway down to the deeper Cretaceous fairway that is prolific elsewhere West Africa. 

Located in the Douala Basin offshore Cameroon, the Sapele-1 is located on the Etinde Permit in the shallow waters offshore West Africa’s Cameroon. 

"The Douala Basin is an emerging hydrocarbon bearing province and Bowleven's Cameroon acreage is well positioned to access this opportunity,” said Kevin Hart, chief executive of Bowleven. “Sapele-1 will intersect multiple independent exploration targets in both the Miocene and Cretaceous from a single location, with significant implications for the wider potential of the acreage and Bowleven." 

Bowleven is the operator of the Etinde Permit with 75 percent interest. Vitol E&P holds the remaining 25 percent.



Did You Like this Article? Get All the Energy Industry News Delivered to Your Inbox

Subscribe to an email newsletter today at no cost and receive the latest news and information.

 Subscribe Now

Whitepapers

Logistics Risk Management in the Transformer Industry

Transformers often are shipped thousands of miles, involving multiple handoffs,and more than a do...

Secrets of Barco UniSee Mount Revealed

Last year Barco introduced UniSee, a revolutionary large-scale visualization platform designed to...

The Time is Right for Optimum Reliability: Capital-Intensive Industries and Asset Performance Management

Imagine a plant that is no longer at risk of a random shutdown. Imagine not worrying about losing...

Going Digital: The New Normal in Oil & Gas

In this whitepaper you will learn how Keystone Engineering, ONGC, and Saipem are using software t...

Latest PennEnergy Jobs

PennEnergy Oil & Gas Jobs