Weather delays Beach's shale gas drilling in Australia

Source: Beach Energy

Drilling of a two well exploration program targeting Shale Gas potential within the South Australian portion of the Nappamerri Trough, is now expected to commence in mid to late August with Encounter-1. 

Weather conditions in Thailand have hindered completion of maintenance work on some of the Ensign 16 rig components and their subsequent shipment to Australia, causing the delay. 

Holdfast-1, earlier planned to spud in mid July as the first well in the program, will now follow Encounter-1 due to ease of access following Cooper Basin flooding. 

Beach Energy is the operator of PEL 218 in Cooper Basin with 90 percent interest. Adelaide Energy holds the remaining 10 percent. 

Look to PennEnergy and its daily Global Offshore Weather Report for up-to-date video coverage of offshore wind, waves and weather for the nine busiest offshore regions worldwide, including the Asia Pacific.



Did You Like this Article? Get All the Energy Industry News Delivered to Your Inbox

Subscribe to an email newsletter today at no cost and receive the latest news and information.

 Subscribe Now

Whitepapers

Logistics Risk Management in the Transformer Industry

Transformers often are shipped thousands of miles, involving multiple handoffs,and more than a do...

Secrets of Barco UniSee Mount Revealed

Last year Barco introduced UniSee, a revolutionary large-scale visualization platform designed to...

The Time is Right for Optimum Reliability: Capital-Intensive Industries and Asset Performance Management

Imagine a plant that is no longer at risk of a random shutdown. Imagine not worrying about losing...

Going Digital: The New Normal in Oil & Gas

In this whitepaper you will learn how Keystone Engineering, ONGC, and Saipem are using software t...

Latest PennEnergy Jobs

PennEnergy Oil & Gas Jobs