Origin spies gas at Redback 2 onshore Australia

Source: Origin Energy

Origin Energy, on behalf of the L11 Joint Venture, advises that the Weatherford drilling rig 826 is currently drilling the Redback 2 exploration well. This well is being drilled from the same surface location as Redback 1, drilled in 2004. 

The target Wagina reservoir was intersected at a depth of 3,861m MDRT# (3,664 meters sub-sea). An initial analysis of log data acquired while drilling indicates the reservoir unit is approximately 14 meters thick and gas charged. 

These initial results are an encouraging indication of the presence of gas in the structure; however, it is too early to make any comment on the potential size or commercial significance of this accumulation.
At 06.00 hours Western Standard Time today the well had reached a depth of 3,907m MDRT#. Progress for the week was 99 meters. 

Redback 2 is an onshore gas exploration well, Perth Basin, Western Australia (L11 / EP 320). 

Redback 2 is being drilled as a directional well to intersect the target Wagina reservoir at a subsurface location 380 meters NNW of Redback 1 at a prognosed vertical depth of 3,715 meters sub-sea. 

Origin Energy holds 67 percent interest, and AWE holds the remaining 33 percent working interest.

Did You Like this Article? Get All the Energy Industry News Delivered to Your Inbox

Subscribe to an email newsletter today at no cost and receive the latest news and information.

 Subscribe Now


Logistics Risk Management in the Transformer Industry

Transformers often are shipped thousands of miles, involving multiple handoffs,and more than a do...

Secrets of Barco UniSee Mount Revealed

Last year Barco introduced UniSee, a revolutionary large-scale visualization platform designed to...

The Time is Right for Optimum Reliability: Capital-Intensive Industries and Asset Performance Management

Imagine a plant that is no longer at risk of a random shutdown. Imagine not worrying about losing...

Going Digital: The New Normal in Oil & Gas

In this whitepaper you will learn how Keystone Engineering, ONGC, and Saipem are using software t...

Latest PennEnergy Jobs

PennEnergy Oil & Gas Jobs