The Weekly Coal Production Report is updated for the week ended September 3, 2016.
- Estimated U.S. coal production totaled approximately 16.1 million short tons (mmst)
- This production estimate is 1 percent lower than last week's estimate and 15.2 percent lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2015
- East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 5.9 mmst
- West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 10.2 mmst
- U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 470 mmst, 24.3 percent lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2015
For interactive graphs, click here.