The Weekly Coal Production Report has been updated for the week ended September 10, 2016.
- Estimated U.S. coal production totaled approximately 15.1 million short tons (mmst)
- This production estimate is 6.2 percent lower than last week's estimate and 14.5 percent lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2015
- East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 5.5 mmst
- West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 9.6 mmst
- U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 485.1 mmst, 24 percent lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2015
For interactive graphs, click here.