The Weekly Coal Production Report has been updated for the week ended August 13, 2016.
- Estimated U.S. coal production totaled approximately 15.8 million short tons (mmst)
- This production estimate is 0.5 percent lower than last week's estimate and 15.2 percent lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2015
- East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 5.8 mmst
- West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 10 mmst
- U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 421.6 mmst, 25.2 percent lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2015
For interactive graphs, click here.