Several natural gas projects that together totaled 561 MW accounted for much of the new power generation that was commissioned during the month of May, according to data from the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission.
Through the first five months of 2016, more than 6,500 MW of new electric power generation has been installed domestically, according to the FERC update. That’s about 900 MW less than had been installed during the same period in 2015.
The biggest single power installation was Wolverine Power Supply Cooperative's commissioning of a new 227-MW unit at its gas-fired Alpine power plant in Otsego County, Michigan.
- El Paso Electric’s 132 MW natural gas-fired Montana Power Station Phase 2 Expansion Project in El Paso County, Texas is online.
- Empire District Electric’s 94 MW natural gas-fired Riverton Conversion Project in Cherokee County, KS is operating.
- Morgan City Louisiana’s 84 MW natural gas-fired Morgan City Phase 5 Expansion Project in Saint Mary Parish, LA is online.
- Tiverton Power LLC’s 22 MW natural gas-fired Tiverton Power Plant Rerate Project in Newport County, RI has been commissioned.
- Blythe Solar 110 LLC’s 34.8 MW Blythe Solar Phase 3 Expansion Project in Riverside County, CA is online.
- Avalon Solar Partners II LLC’s 16 MW Avalon Solar Project in Zima County, AZ is online. The power generated is sold to Tucson Electric Power under long-term contract.
- Church Hill Solar Farm LLC’s 6 MW Church Hill Solar Farm Project in Queen Anne’s County, MD is online.
- Community Energy’s 5 MW Upper Freehold Solar Project in Monmouth County, NJ is operational.
- Seaboard Solar LLC’s 5 MW Seaboard Solar Project in Northampton County, NC is online. The power generated is sold to Dominion Resources (NYSE:D) utility Virginia Electric and Powerunder long-term contract.
- REP Energy LLC’s 2 MW Novato Solar Project in Marin County, CA is online. The power generated is sold to Marin Clean Energy under long-term contract.
- Patterson Pass Windfarm LLC’s 19.8 MW Patterson Pass Project in Alameda County, CA is online. The power generated is sold to Edison International (NYSE:EIX) utility Southern California Edisonunder long-term contract.
- Northern Water’s 1.2 MW Granby Hydro Project in Grand County, CO is online. The power generated is sold to Mountain Parks Electric under long-term contract.
This article was republished with permission from Generation Hub.