The Weekly Coal Production Report has been updated for the week ended July 9, 2016.
- Estimated U.S. coal production totaled approximately 12.9 million short tons (mmst)
- This production estimate is 8.4 percent lower than last week's estimate and 22.9 percent lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2015
- East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 4.7 mmst
- West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 8.2 mmst
- U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 343.7 mmst, 27.1 percent lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2015
For interactive graphs, click here.