Nawah has been mandated to operate and maintain Units 1 to 4 of the Barakah nuclear plant in the United Arab Emirates.
Board members are:
- H.E. Khaldoon Khalifa Al Mubarak, Chairman;
- H.E. Sheikha Lubna Al Qasimi, Vice Chairwoman;
- H.E. Awaidha Murshed Ali Al-Marar, Member;
- H.E. Eng Mohammed A. Sahoo AlSuwaidi, Member & Acting CEO of Nawah;
- Mr. Saeed Fadhel Al Mazrooei, Member;
- Mr. Mohammed Hamdan Al Falahi, Member;
- Mr. David V. Scott, Member; and
- Mr. Mike Wallace, Member.
"The launch of ENEC’s nuclear operating subsidiary is a significant milestone for the UAE peaceful nuclear energy program,” said His Excellency Khaldoon Khalifa Al Mubarak, Chairman of the Board of Directors of ENEC. “As a world-class nuclear company, Nawah will safely operate the Units 1 to 4 in Barakah; this enables a higher level of focus in our work and an increased momentum towards the safe and quality-driven construction, commissioning and operations of the four Units in Barakah.”
H.E. Eng Mohammed Sahoo AlSuwaidi previously held executive positions in Abu Dhabi National Oil Co. prior to being named acting CEO of Nawah. He served as the chief executive officer of GASCO from May 2002 until October 2012. He holds a Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering from the University of Southern California.
Nawah will be responsible to continue the license approval procedure from the Federal Authority for Nuclear Regulation to operate the four units. In March 2015, ENEC filed the Operating License Application for units 1 and 2 on behalf of the operating subsidiary.
Subscribe to Nuclear Power International magazine