American Electric Power Service Corp., on behalf of its affiliate AEP Texas Central Co., filed with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission on June 22 a Fourth Amended and Restated ERCOT Standard Generation Interconnection Agreement with La Paloma Energy Center LLC, which is a Coronado Power Ventures LLC affiliate developing a gas-fired power project in Cameron County, Texas.
The parties entered into the amended deal to make changes that include:
- the replacement of the term “Facilities Study” with the term “Full Interconnection Study” in the Recitals, Article 4 (Interconnection Facilities Engineering, Procurement, and Construction) of Exhibit “A”, Article 10 (Miscellaneous) of Exhibit “A”, and Section 12(m) of= Exhibit “C” (Interconnection Details);
- the amendment of Article 1 (Definitions) of Exhibit “A” to reflect the elimination of definitions for “Facilities Study” and “Facilities Study Agreement,” and the addition of definitions for “Full Interconnection Study” and “Full Interconnection Study Agreement”;
- the amendment of Exhibit “B” (Time Schedule) to modify the provision under which generator agrees to provide notice to commence construction, now specified as within twenty-four (24) months after the execution date of the Original Agreement;
- the amendment of Exhibit “C” (Interconnection Details) to reflect: the addition of a new Section 12(p) under which generator agrees to construct the Generator Interconnection Facilities in accordance with the AEP Texas “Requirements for Connection of New Facilities or Changes to Existing Facilities Connected to the AEP Transmission System” (or its successor) in effect at the time generator provides authorization to commence construction; the addition of a new Section 12(q) under which generator agrees to provide information in accordance with the AEP Texas “Data and Modeling Requirements for Conventional Resource Entities” or “Data and Modeling Requirements for Solar and Wind Resource Entities” as applicable (or its successor) in effect at the time generator provides authorization to commence construction, and the elimination of the provision formerly addressed in Section 13(b) applicable specifically to wind powered generation; and
- the amendment of Exhibit “E” (Security Arrangement Details) to reflect a revision to the schedule for generator’s second, third and fourth security installments.
This project would interconnect to the grid at La Paloma's Fuerza Substation, which will be located at 24684 FM 1595 at Harlingen in Cameron County, approximately 0.3 miles east of FM 509. There will be three Points of Interconnection, each located at one of three dead-end structures inside the AEP Texas Potencia 345 kV/138 kV Station that terminate the 345 kV transmission lines from the substation.
This is a nominal 730 MW plant comprised of two units at 230 MW each and one unit at 270 MW. That covers two Siemens air-cooled combustion turbine generators and one Siemens hydrogen-cooled steam turbine generator.
No specific commercial operation date is given in the agreement, with that date coming after certain other milestones are reached.
This article was republished with permission.