The Weekly Coal Production Report has been updated for the week ended May 21, 2016.
- Estimated U.S. coal production totaled approximately 11.7 million short tons (mmst)
- This production estimate is 2.9 percent higher than last week's estimate and 27.2 percent lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2015
- East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 4.5 mmst
- West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 7.2 mmst
- U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 245.2 mmst, 32.5 percent lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2015
For interactive graphs, click here.