The Weekly Coal Production Report is updated for the week of May 14. 2016.
For the week ended May 14, 2016:
- Estimated U.S. coal production totaled approximately 11.4 million short tons (mmst)
- This production estimate is 3.8 percent higher than last week's estimate and 29.2 percent lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2015
- East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 4.3 mmst
- West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 7 mmst
- U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 233.5 mmst, 32.8 percent lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2015