The Weekly Coal Production Report has been updated for the week ended March 12, 2016.
- Estimated U.S. coal production totaled approximately 12.5 million short tons (mmst).
- This production estimate is 0.7% lower than last week's estimate and 33.9% lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2015.
- East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 4.9 mmst.
- West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 7.5 mmst.
- U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 134.3 mmst, 29.4% lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2015
For more information and interactive graphs, click here.