The Weekly Coal Production Report has been updated for the week ended January 23, 2016.
For the week ended January 23, 2016:
- Estimated U.S. coal production totaled approximately 13.1 million short tons (mmst)
- This production estimate is 2 percent lower than last week's estimate and 35.3 percent lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2015
- East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 5.2 mmst
- West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 7.9 mmst
- U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 43.1 mmst, 32.1 percent lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2015
For more information and interactive graphs, click here.