The Weekly Coal Production Report has been updated for the week ended January 16, 2016.
For the week ended January 16, 2016:
- Estimated U.S. coal production totaled approximately 13.3 million short tons (mmst)
- This production estimate is 0.6 percent lower than last week's estimate and 32.1 percent lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2015
- East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 5.2 mmst
- West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 8.1 mmst
- U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 30.1 mmst, 30.7 percent lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2015
For more information and interactive graphs, click here.