The Weekly Coal Production Report has been updated for the week ended January 2, 2015.
For the week ended January 2, 2016
- Estimated U.S. coal production totaled approximately 11.7 million short tons (mmst)
- This production estimate is 1.6% lower than last week's estimate and 32.7% lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2014
- East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 4.6 mmst
- West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 7.1 mmst
- U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 3.3 mmst, 32.6% lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2015
For more information and interactive graphs, click here.