The Weekly Coal Production Report has been updated for the week ended December 19, 2015.
For the week ended December 19, 2015:
- Estimated U.S. coal production totaled approximately 14.7 million short tons (mmst)
- This production estimate is 8.5% lower than last week's estimate and 28.8% lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2014
- East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 5.8 mmst
- West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 8.9 mmst
- U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 870.2 mmst, 10.3% lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2014
For interactive graphs, click here.