The Weekly Coal Production Report has been updated for the week ended December 12, 2015.
For the week ended December 12, 2015
- Estimated U.S. coal production totaled approximately 16.1 million short tons (mmst)
- This production estimate is 0.1% higher than last week's estimate and 21.4% lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2014
- East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 6.3 mmst
- West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 9.8 mmst
- U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 855.4 mmst, 9.9% lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2014
For interactive graphs, click here.